The Ekinoid Project: Needs
- 1. Seed funding for the initial project, extending to the building of a full-sized prototype.
- 2. Facilities to research, design and build a full-sized Ekinoid prototype - ideally testing a range of materials, to allow for different environments; desert, humid, cold, high rainfall etc. For this we would particularly welcome the commitment of one or more universities, specialising in architecture, structural engineering and materials research.
- 3. The participation of one or more universities for the Research and Development of any and all aspects of this project. Get your students involved in first-class research projects, and help save the world in the process.
- 4. Architectural expertise: We would like to hear from any architectural company or university department to work with us in developing detailed plans.
- 5. Structural engineering expertise: we need the services of a structural engineering company or university department to determine the optimum use of materials.
- 6. Materials expertise: we foresee ongoing development regarding types of flooring, insulation and cladding, dependent on different environmental conditions. We think this is an area particularly well suited to university research projects.
- 7. Companies who believe their (eco-friendly) products might well be suitable, and would be willing to support the project by supplying the relevant materials for the research.
- 8. Governments who see the extraordinary possibilites for this project to advance the quality of life of their citizens; in a way that is beneficial to a sustainable global future.
Copyright 2009 - 12: The Ekinoid Project.